In this section, we explain how you can upload and import video source files from the Rackspace Cloud Files service (http://www.rackspace.com) into your encoding.com account.
To upload video files from your Rackspace account, you will need your Rackspace Username and Key. In your Rackspace account, you can find your Username and API Key by using the left-side menu to navigate to Your Account > API Access. There you may copy both the Username and the API Key.
In Rackspace, video files are found in the Cloud Files section. Using the left-side menu, navigate to Hosting > Cloud Files. There you will see a listing of folders and files that you had previously setup.
Uploading from Rackspace
You can specify the source location of your video in one of two ways. You can enter the path directly in the following format:
Or, you may prefer to specify each component of the path. Click the link below the textbox to reveal several input fields:
To upload a source video from a Rackspace server, follow these steps:
- Check the Rackspace Cloudfiles box to indicate Rackspace as the source location type.
- Enter the RS User name and RS Key for your account.
- Enter the name of Your Folder. (For example: Video) Be sure to include capitalization where necessary.
- Enter the Path of the source video file. You must include all subdirectory names and the full name of the file—including the extension (e.g., .mov or .wmv). Be sure to include capitalization where necessary. An example might be King_Lines.mov
- Notice that the path in the textbox now corresponds to the entries you made.
- After carefully reviewing all of your entries, click the Start Encoding button in the upper right corner of the page.
- A new status page will appear, with indications that your source video is uploading to Encoding.com. If successful, you will see a small inset listing Information about your uploaded video.
If you receive error messages, then return to the Start a New Job page and ensure that you made all of your entries correctly.