THIS FEATURE HAS BEEN DEPRECATED AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
In this section we explain how you can upload and import video source files from a Dropbox account into your Encoding.com account.
You can specify the source location of your video in one of two ways. You can enter the path directly in the following format:
Or, you may prefer to specify each component of the path. Click the link below the textbox to reveal several input fields.
NOTE: Dropbox uses dynamic folder naming. You can easily get the path to your video source file by click the Share Link icon in the Dropbox file listing page.
To upload a source video from an FTP server, follow these steps:
- Check the Dropbox box to indicate Dropbox as the source location type.
- Enter the Host name, which is dl.dropbox.com
- After clicking the Share Link icon (see above), copy the path from the end of the URL (the part following .com).
- Paste the path into the Path field. The path must include all subdirectory names and the full name of the file—including the extension (e.g., .mov or .wmv). Be sure to include capitalization where necessary. An example might be /s/kbpf7ow017cqxul/King_Lines.mov .
- Notice that the path in the textbox now corresponds to the entries you made.
- After carefully reviewing all of your entries, click the Start Encoding button in the upper right corner of the page.
- A new status page will appear, with indications that your source video is uploading to Encoding.com. If successful, you will see a small inset window listing Information about your uploaded video.
- If you receive error messages, then return to the Start a New Job page and ensure that you made all of your entries correctly.