In this section, we explain how you can upload and import video source files from the Amazon S3 service into your Encoding.com account.
NOTE: Before uploading, it’s important that you’ve done some basic setup on your Amazon S3 account.
You can specify the source location of your video in one of two ways. You can enter the path directly in the following format:
Or, you may prefer to specify each component of the path. Click the link below the textbox to reveal several input fields:
To upload a source video from Amazon S3, follow these steps:
1. Check the Amazon S3 box.
2. In the AWS Key field, enter your Amazon S3 Access Key. In the AWS Secret Key field, enter your Amazon S3 Secret Access Key.
3. Enter the name of your Bucket. It is important to have your bucket name in all lowercase letters, and to ensure that you enter all lowercase into the Bucket field in encoding.com. In our example we are using videobucket_denver.
4. Enter the Object, which is the name of the output video file. You must include the extension (e.g., .mov or .wmv). Be sure to correctly include capitalization where necessary. In our example here the path would be /King_Lines.mov .
5. Notice that the path in the textbox now corresponds to the entries you made.
6. To achieve the fastest processing speed, edit the path field by adding /nocopy at the very end of the path.
7. After carefully reviewing all of your entries, click the Start Encoding button in the upper right corner of the page.
8. A new status page will appear, indicating that your source video is uploading to Encoding.com. If successful, you will see a small inset listing the information about your video.
If you receive error messages, then return to the Start a New Job page to ensure that you made all of your entries correctly.