To process Amazon S3 files, you need to perform some basic setup by creating at least one Amazon file bucket. You’ll also need to create security keys. Read the sections below to learn how to perform both of these important tasks.
Creating a Bucket / Region
To upload/download videos to and from Amazon S3, you must first create a Bucket to contain them. Follow these steps:
- After logging in and navigating to the S3 console page, click the Create a Bucket button.
- In the popup window, enter a Bucket Name.
- For faster processing, choose the Region that best corresponds to your video source location.
- Click the Create button. You will then see the bucket appear on the left-side listing. To edit bucket properties, simply expand the categories on the right-side listing (Permissions, Static Website Hosting, and so on).
Creating an Access Key
Before you can upload video files from your Amazon S3 account to encoding.com, you will need your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key. To get both of these, follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon Web Service Console page: http://aws.amazon.com/console/
- In the upper right corner of the page, click on the My Account/Console menu and then select Security Credentials.
- If necessary, login with your username and password.
- On the page that appears, scroll down to the Access Keys section, which contains a listing of your access keys.
- Click the Create New Access Key button. After a moment, the following confirmation will appear. NOTE: This button may be disabled if you have two active keys-since that is the limit that Amazon S3 imposes. In this case, you must deactivate or delete a key before creating another one.
- Click Show Secret Access Key to display the both the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key. You may now select and copy your Secret Access Key over to encoding.com.