How to use Live Transcoding with Akamai Media Services
Akamai HLS Ingest allows you to deliver live HLS streams to devices running iOS 3 and higher and Android 4 and higher. With Encoding.com’s Live Transcoding features Akamai is able to deliver your live stream to users around the world.
- Setting up Akamai account
- Log in to the Luna Control Center at https://control.akamai.com
- Switch to the CONFIGURE tab and choose Media Services Live
- Click the Add Configuration to create a new stream configuration
- Select the product HLS/HDS/DASH Ingest and press Continue
- Configure new stream referring to the HLS, HDS and DASH Ingest part of Akamai Media Services Live User Guide
Please note the following:
- Playlist names should correspond the manifest name from the <destination> you will set in the encoding job request.
- Use the same <segment_duration> that was used in your request.
- When the new configuration is provisioned you can get the STREAM ID and HOST NAME from the main Media Services Live page
- Starting the Encoding.com job
Build your destination using this url template:
http(s)://post.[HOST NAME].akamaihd.net/[STREAM ID]/[ANY STREAM NAME]/[PLAYLIST NAME].m3u8
Then specify it as the <destination> url in your Encoding.com encode job.
- Embed the playlist in your application
Build your playlist using this url templateL
http(s)://[HOST NAME].akamaihd.net/hls/live/[STREAM ID]/[STREAM NAME YOU'VE SPECIFIED IN DESTINATION]/[PLAYLIST NAME].m3u8