How to use Live Transcoding with Akamai Media Services
Akamai HLS Ingest allows you to deliver live HLS streams to devices running iOS 3 and higher and Android 4 and higher. With Encoding.com’s Live Transcoding features Akamai is able to deliver your live stream to users around the world.
Setting up Akamai account
- Log in to the Luna Control Center at https://control.akamai.com
- Switch to the CONFIGURE tab and choose Media Services Live
- Click the Add Configuration to create a new stream configuration
- Select the product HLS/HDS/DASH Ingest and press Continue
- Configure new stream referring to the HLS, HDS and DASH Ingest part of Akamai Media Services Live User Guide
Please note the following:
- Playlist names should correspond the manifest name from the <destination> you will set in the encoding job request.
- Use the same <segment_duration> that was used in your request.
- When the new configuration is provisioned you can get the STREAM ID and HOST NAME from the main Media Services Live page
Starting the Encoding.com job
Build your destination using this url template:
http(s)://post.[HOST NAME].akamaihd.net/[STREAM ID]/[ANY STREAM NAME]/[PLAYLIST NAME].m3u8
Then specify it as the <destination> url in your Encoding.com encode job.
Embed the playlist in your application
Build your playlist using this url templateL
http(s)://[HOST NAME].akamaihd.net/hls/live/[STREAM ID]/[STREAM NAME YOU'VE SPECIFIED IN DESTINATION]/[PLAYLIST NAME].m3u8